MARION, Ind. (AP) - Authorities say a teenager was killed and another was badly injured when their car collided with a police cruiser in a northeastern Indiana city.
The crash happened late Friday in downtown Marion. Police say the car with the two 18-year-old women inside went through a red light and pulled into the path of the police car that had its lights and sirens activated while going to assist another officer with a traffic stop involving narcotics.
State police say driver Payton Rogers of Marion died at the scene and passenger Baleeve Gregory of Marion was flown by helicopter to a Fort Wayne hospital with head injuries.
The police car left the street and crashed into a building, but officials say the officer was treated at a hospital and released.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One dead, one hurt in crash with police car in Marion
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- Two People Dead After a Crash at the Airport in Marion
- Two dead, three hurt after crash in Huntington
- The Locker Room: Marion Classic
- Man critically hurt in crash
- Shooting leaves one dead, two seriously hurt
- Two kids hurt in ORV crash
- Driver hurt in roll over crash
- Man hurt in motorcycle crash Saturday