Photo Gallery 1 Images
DEFIANCE COUNTY, Ohio. (WFFT)- Some people in Defiance County took advantage of the warm weather today for some family fun.
Motorama is an event that shows off anything that has a motor, but it's most popular feature happens to be the classic cars.
"Whether it's shiny, rusty, doesn't even run, gas, electric, diesel, or solar," says Lynn Lantz, the mayor of AuGlaize Village, "if it has a motor, you'll find it here."
Lantz couldn't be more proud of the turnout.
"The weather today is why we got a lot of them here. If this would have been a week ago, we wouldn't have half of them," he said.
Glenn Ward was looking for something to do on Sunday, and after a short drive, he found something that piqued his interest. He brought his award winning ride with him.
"It's a big time relief. It's been so hot, muggy, humid, and sticky out...it's really nice to have this weather for a car show," Ward said.
Ward is visiting the Motorama for the first time.
Mayor Lantz said the nice thing about it is that some of the area has shade and they aren't short on water.
"We spend more on water than we do on gasoline," Lantz added.
They hope it's just as nice next year.
- Nice weather brings people to Motorama
- Adoption celebration brings families together
- DNR brings trout to Shoaff Park
- Decatur family brings 'movie magic' to community
- Police bring holiday cheer to local shoppers
- Formula for Life 5K brings out community
- People frustrated over Washington gridlock
- People struggle to find Tamiflu
- People worried about housing development
- Two people found dead in vacant apartment