FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT)- Well you could not have asked for a better day to get out and hit the city, and so many people did with their mothers right along with them.
Resident's said downtown is the place to take mom for Mother's Day.
That quality time with mom is a plus when the fun is right around the corner, and the mother's day downtown event provides activities the whole family can enjoy.
"It's just terrific to get out to some places you don't normally visit, and to be able to do that in a really relaxing environment with my daughter is just fabulous,"Marilyn Moran- Townsend said.
The Downtown Improvement District said this event contributes to the heartbeat of downtown because you can count on people wanting to show mom a good time.
"It's good for Fort Wayne's economy. It's our goal and our mission to advance the vibrancy of downtown Fort Wayne. It's the vibrant urban core of Northeast Indiana,"president of Downtown Improvement District Bill Brown said.
Through the free trolley rides around the city, people get to buy gifts, try different restaurants, and check out some of the city's gems.
There's a little over 30 businesses participating in this.
"These events really do bring out people,"Brown added.
"We had over 100 people come in, and that was a lot of the local folks that don't normally come in, so we were very pleased," Dennis Robinson said.
Along with the trollies, Lutheran Health Network operated two Mother's Day shuttles for more transportation and convenience.
Brown said this event brings out thousands, and they were prepared to accommodate all the people coming out.
- Mother's Day Downtown
- What Mother's Day means for mothers of incarcerated children
- Mother's Day deal at Cottage Flowers Inc.
- FOX 55 celebrates the Mother's Day Holiday
- She created Mother's Day, later regretted it
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Mother, 2 children killed in Christmas Day shooting
- Phoenix mother of 7 killed in Christmas Day shooting
- What's happening on Mother's Day in Fort Wayne?
- The woman who invented Mother's Day came to hate it