FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - If youre craving southern style cooking, but dont want to drive to far to get it? Metro Diner is finally open for business.
The restaurant had a soft opening this weekend where they raised more than $12,000 dollars to help local charities. Metro Diner, located in Coldwater Crossing across from Walmart, offers everything from chicken and waffles topped with homemade strawberry butter to unique southern food like shrimp and grits.
The plates are made to order and everything is homemade, says Managing Partner Richard Cieslinski. He said, “everything’s made from scratch. we have special breads that we get in that are unbelievable. it’s southern comfort hospitality food. simply delicious.”
If you have cooking experience in a restaurant atmosphere, metro diner is looking to hire you. you can find a link to the application on Metro Diner’s website: https://metrodiner.com/employment/
- Metro Diner officially open for business
- Metro Diner to hold fundraiser, soft opening
- Metro Diner to hire 100 people
- Metro Diner helps charities over the weekend
- Liberty Diner to reopen Thursday
- Liberty Diner shut down by Health Department
- Local golf courses officially open
- Southside Farmer's Market officially open
- Erie Rail Trail officially open in Huntington
- Firefighters investigating business fire