Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- John Menard, founder and owner of Menards, the Midwestern chain of home improvement stores, Tom Kelley, president of Kelley Automotive Group, and Mayor Tom Henry announced major business expansions at a news conference on Wednesday, March 7th, at the Menards location on 6310 Illinois Road.
Menards plans a $5-$6 million project that will enhance customer pickup for residential and commercial consumers at both the 6310 Illinois Road and 5511 Meijer Drive locations.
Each location also will debut a new mezzanine level that will feature additional products and improve the customer shopping experience.
Kelley Automotive also announced plans to move five dealerships currently located in the 14/69 Auto Mall to Illinois Road, adjacent to Menards.
These include BMW, Volvo, Cadillac, Buick, GMC and the Superstore, along with the parts departments, service departments, car wash, and the Kelley Automotive body shop currently located in the 14/69 Auto Mall.
The investment will total $45 to $50 million.
Menards will partner with Kelley Automotive to improve traffic flow by establishing new entrances and additional access points to both Menards and the new Kelley Auto Mall.
Together, the two companies will invest $12-$13 million in improved infrastructure.
- Menards and Kelley Automotive Announce Expansions
- Manchester University announces expansion
- FWA getting ready for expansion
- Recreational vehicle maker plans another Indiana expansion
- Local camp debuts $4 million expansion
- German auto parts maker plans expansion, 120 new hires
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Parkview announces new medical tower
- Local music festival announces lineup
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor