LAGRANGE COUNTY, Ind. - The LaGrange County Sheriff's office warns of a phone scam. The sheriff's office says the caller says he works for the court and that you've missed jury duty and now are in contempt of court.
The caller claims he works out of the sheriff's office on Interstate 9 and he wants court costs. The sheriff's office says this call is not true.
The LaGrange County Sheriff's office is warning local residents about a phone scam.
The sheriff's office warns you to not give the man any money or personal information. If you want to confirm that you don't owe money, hang up and call the courthouse at (260) 499-6300.
- LaGrange County warns about phone scam
- LaGrange County residents still dealing with flooding
- Human remains found in LaGrange County
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- LaGrange County Sheriff seeking shooting suspect
- Arrest made in Lagrange County battery
- Woman arrested in LaGrange County following stabbing
- Power companies warn of scam
- Police warn against candy scam
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County