FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Neighborhood leaders in the La Cabreah subdivision are asking the City of Fort Wayne if they can be annexed.
If the city annexes La Cabreah, 174 homes and nearly 100 acres would be added to Fort Wayne city limits.
The annex would allow residents to have police and fire services, garbage and recycling collection and more.
Fox 55 spoke with many people in the Villas of La Cabreah near Dupont Road who say they don't want to be annexed and we're not given much information about the petition.
"I would like to see this list of people that are on board with this. A lot of my neighbors that I talked to, they're not on board with it," said Sue Soberalski.
The annexation could take effect by the spring of 20-19.
- La Cabreah neighborhood petitions to be annexed
- Minneapolis' must-see neighborhoods
- Tinder helps petition for interracial couple emojis
- Who has signed the DACA discharge petition
- Volcano eruption levels Hawaiian neighborhoods
- Lava spills through Hawaii neighborhood
- FWPD officer recognized by neighborhood associations
- Burglar arrested for targeting Mandeville neighborhood
- Neighborhoods deal with flooding issues during storm
- Creighton Avenue shooting has neighborhood in fear