FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Some people living in the La Cabreah neighborhood are one step closer to being in the city.
City council introduced the ordinance that would bring 174 homes into Fort Wayne.
Fifty-one percent of the owners in the neighborhood signed a petition to be annexed.
Residents have said their main concern is police and fire protection, especially since part of the neighborhood is already in city limits.
A public hearing is scheduled for September 11 at 5:30 p.m.
The annexation wouldn't take effect until next year at the earliest.
- La Cabreah annexation moves on to city council
- La Cabreah neighborhood petitions to be annexed
- City council approves art commission
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City council overrules "pay to play" veto
- City council considering hotel tax credit
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- City Council approves water rate increase
- City council votes against Fort Wayne UNITED budget cut