Kroger is recalling purified water for babies, because of a mold problem.
"Comforts For Baby Purified Water with Fluoride" was sold in one gallon, clear containers like the ones pictured. But the FDA says the mold is not visible to the naked eye. After receiving customer complaints, the grocery store chain tested the water and identified the mold. The FDA says exposure can cause skin and respiratory irritation.
Infants with an already compromised immune system may be at an increased risk. Kroger has pulled the product from its shelves. If you have purchased the water, you can return it for a refund.
- Kroger recalls "Comforts For Baby Purified Water"
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Avancez, Kroger adding jobs to NE Indiana
- Kroger makes donation to Salvation Army
- FOX 55 catches surprise proposal at local Kroger
- Meijer recalls various vegetables; salad kit
- Fort Wayne woman recalls the day her Indian Village home was broken into