FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The man accused of raping and killing April Tinsley back in 1988 appeared in court in Allen County Thursday morning.
John D. Miller, 59, of Grabill appeared alone in the circuit court and was read his charges. Miller is facing felony murder and child molestation charges.
If convicted, Miller faces up to 100 years in prison. He's currently being held without bond.
April Tinsley disappeared from her neighborhood off Williams Street 30 years ago while walking to a friend's house. Her body was found in a ditch in Spencerville 3 days later.
On Sunday Miller admitted to raping and choking the 8-year-old, then dumping her body.
The sidewalks of the court house are covered in chalk, calling for justice for the Tinsleys and no plea agreement for Miller.
Miller will be back in court for a trial setting on August 3rd.
- John Miller appears in Allen County circuit court
- Shooting suspect appears in court
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Neighbor, psychologist weigh in on alleged murderer John Miller
- Suspect in November murder appears in court
- Suspect in 2016 murder appears in court
- McNair appears in court for trial setting
- Allen County sees big STI increase