FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mayor Tom Henry, along with Parks and Recreation and community leaders, celebrated the completion of Franklin School Park Wednesday morning.
The $1.8 million project was designed by architect, Alec Johnson. The renovated Franklin School garage was designed by Steve Schuhmacher. The garage is now the David Hefner Pavilion. The Hefner family donated $300,000 to the renovation.
Organizers were also excited to announce there will be a police presence at the park.
"We couldn't have done something like this without their help, but it's really a real model for community involvement," said Al Moll of Parks and Recreation.
Reservations to rent the new pavilion will begin December 18th.
- Franklin School Park completed
- City council considering new parking meters, parking rates
- Students experience Rosa Parks history
- Mayor responds to parking dispute
- Germanfest returns to Headwaters Park
- Police investigating Weisser Park death
- Posterity Heights Scholar House on the way to completing first phase
- DNR brings trout to Shoaff Park
- Baer Field Motorsports Park hosting endurance race
- Metea County Park opens cross country skiing