A family is grappling for answers after their brother was murdered in Fort Wayne. The man's siblings are begging for the person responsible to turn them self in to police.
Michael Wilcher was found on the evening of September 21 on the 400 block of Huffman Street. He later died at the hospital.
"Seeing him there in the hospital bed. I just knew he wasn't going to come back from that," Michael's sister Sandra Lusk said.
"Just crushed, devastated. I really loved my brother. We did a lot together. I just really miss him a lot," Michael's sister Donna Hackman said.
51 year old Michael Rodney Wilcher is the 30th homicide for Allen County this year.
"I was totally shocked. Because my brother is such a good person. I can't imagine that someone would kill my brother."
Wilcher was found here, in the 400 block of Huffman Street. And the family is just hoping that his killer is arrested.
"I just think someone really cowardly. Had to be very cowardly to come out and bash him in the back of the head, and then leave him there," Michael's brother Lee Wilcher said.
Wilcher was found September 21, and later died a the hospital.
"That's something that, whoever that person is, they've got to live with the guilt. And I believe everybody that does wrong like that, they are going to have guilt, eating them up."
And the family is begging the public to help find the killer.
"Please come forward and just tell the police what happened. Or anyone else that was in the area, please come forward that might have witnessed anything. And tell police."
As Michael is a face that will be greatly missed during the holidays.
"Very sad and empty...without him."
If anyone has any information, please contact authorities immediately.
- Exclusive: Family speaks out about brother's death, hoping someone turns in killer
- Russian presidential hopeful speaks for political prisoners
- Brother of Lake Avenue shooting victim speaks out
- Terry Bradshaw speaks at Big Brothers Big Sisters dinner
- Ohio Court upholds death sentence for "Craigslist Killer"
- Neighbors speak out about baby's death
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- DNA advances bring hope to families of homicide victims
- April Tinsley's mom questions suspected killer's motive
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters holds graduation party