Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- An organization called Briezy's Bunch set up a walk in the zoo before their awareness Expo in Franke Park.
The awareness expo consisted of pharmaceutical, non-pharmaceutical, and some neurology offices to provide resources to people who have loved ones that have epilepsy at no cost.
The CEO and president of Briezy's Bunch, April Krowel, wants to educate more parents so they don't have to go through what she went through with expenses for her 3 year old daughter.
"A lot of times people with epilepsy don't have a lot of social support so we try to do the zoo for that and maybe get some social support for people in the area for people to bond over a similar issue," Krowel said.
The epilepsy society said around 87 people are diagnosed with epilepsy every day.
- Epilepsy stroll at the zoo raises awareness
- YWCA raises awareness of teen dating violence
- Auburn Pink Out raises breast cancer awareness
- Zoo welcomes baby giraffe
- One Night Without a Home raises awareness of homelessness
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds job fair
- Baby giraffe escapes Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- Fort Wayne Zoo mourns loss of giraffe
- CASA Day at the zoo celebrates volunteers