FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne city council approved replacing the old bridge on Edsall Avenue over the railroad tracks.
In May, FOX 55 reported how the bridge is closed because it is failing.
It will cost about $2 million to replace the existing bridge.
The new bridge is expected to be in place by August 2, 2019.
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Failing bridge slated for replacement
- City council approves art commission
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City Council approves water rate increase
- Washington Center Road to close for bridge replacement
- Covered bridge scheduled for repairs
- Schwartz Road proposals fail in commissioners meeting
- I-469 pavement replacement to start Monday
- Voters approve all school referendums