FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The Allen County Coroner has identified two people who died over the weekend after a car hit a motorcycle head-on in the area of Leesburg and Flaugh Road.
47 year old Michael Patrick Kane Jr, was operating the motorcycle with his wife, 44 year old Christina Marie Kane, on the back. A car crossed the center line for an unknown reason on Flaugh Road and hit the couple head-on.
Both Michael and Christina were thrown from the bike. Michael Kane Jr. died at the scene. Christina Kane was taken to the hospital, where she later died.
The cause of death for both was blunt force trauma. Their deaths were ruled as accidents.
Michael and Christina were the 15th and 16th victims to die in motor vehicle crashes in Allen County for 2018.
- Coroner identifies victims of weekend motorcycle crash
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Victims identified in weekend fire
- Friends of motorcycle crash victims hold fundraiser
- Victim in deadly crash has been identified
- Victims of toll road crash identified
- Shooting victim identified
- Ligonier homicide victims identified
- Man identified in Tuesday motorcycle accident
- Stabbing victim and suspect identified