FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Construction on one of the new hotels downtown is under way.
Mayor Tom Henry and Johnny Tincap joined officials from White Lodging to break ground on the new Hampton Inn & Suites.
The 136 room hotel is being built right next to Parkview Field, across from the Grand Wayne Center.
The new hotel is expected to open next summer.
- Construction begins on new downtown hotel
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- One-of-a-Kind Hotel Proposed for Downtown Fort Wayne
- Boys and Girls Club of Fort Wayne construction begins Friday
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Mayor Henry: Construction of downtown event center will not be pursued at this time
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Mother's Day Downtown
- Proximo now open downtown
- Eckhart Public Library begins outside construction nearly one year after arson