More than 400 people from around the area participated in a survey offering input about what they'd like to see in Waterloo.
Urban planning graduate students are working with Waterloo to help revitalize its downtown. Right now, there are many vacant store fronts in the downtown area on Union Street. Waterloo's town manager says some ideas include a coffee shop, Farmers' Market, and small shops.
In April, the students will return to Waterloo to go over some plans and look at what is achievable right away versus long term goals.
- City of Waterloo working towards new developments
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo
- Waterloo man dead after crash
- Electric Works developers answer questions
- Waterloo teen arrested in stabbing Monday
- Developers approach county council about Electric Works
- Waterloo moves into next phase of redevelopment project
- People worried about housing development
- City council discusses resolution for Electric Works project
- City to do work on North River property