FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A planned downtown hotel could get tax credits.
Tuesday, White Lodging is expected to ask Fort Wayne's city council to approve a $3 million tax abatement.
It would gradually phase in taxes on the new Hampton Inn and Suites right next to Parkview Field.
In September, White Lodging announced plans for the 136 room hotel.
A 125 room "boutique" hotel is also planned for downtown.
- City council considering hotel tax credit
- City Council considers eliminating business personal property tax
- City council approves art commission
- New point person appointed on Electric Works, city councilman considers tax credits for funding
- 6 projects receive New Markets Tax Credit investments
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City council overrules "pay to play" veto
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- City Council approves water rate increase