FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Allen County coroner says Fort Wayne Officer David Tinsley died from a heart attack while on duty.
Tinsley had been involved with a vehicle chase that ended on the River Greenway near the Candlelite apartments. Tinsley collapsed and was treated at the scene. He was then taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after getting there.
The coroner says Tinsley's manner of death is natural.
- Autopsy reveals Fort Wayne Police Officer died from heart attack
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift
- Fort Wayne woman dies after riding lawn mower overturns