On Monday, 5-14-18 at approximately 1:53 p.m., detectives with the Gang & Violent Crimes Unit, along with EST (SWAT), executed a search warrant at 2805 S Lafayette St. This warrant service was the culmination of an investigation that began with tips and complaints about shots fired, gang and narcotics activity, and intimidation. GVCU Detectives conducted surveillance, and had several stops leaving the home.
During their search of the property, detectives located an AR-15 rifle, a pistol, magazines for different handguns, multiple caliber bullets, marijuana, controlled substances, and narcotics dealing paraphernalia. 21 year old Edwin Calligan, Jr., 22 year old Zaetarvis Hogue, 19 year old Kashawn Shelton-Grigsby, and 19 year old Coreiontae Gentry-Shelton were arrested as a result of this investigation.
The home was condemned due to its deteriorated conditions by Neighborhood code enforcement and was boarded up.
- Authorites seize weapons and drug paraphernalia in Lafayette St. raid
- Gunshot fired during raid
- Police make arrests in narcotics raid
- Indiana agents raid 2 suspected cockfighting operations
- FWPD make drug arrests
- Indiana among the five states allowing guns to be seized before someone can commit violence
- St. Joseph Hospital CEO resigns
- St. Joseph Hospital chooses new CEO
- Man hurt after stabbing in St. Joe
- Childbirth services ending at St. Joseph Hospital