FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT)-For 30 years Janet Tinsley wondered what happened to her daughter and who did it. Now that the suspect in her daughter's death is in jail, Tinsley says she has some closure, but one question remains.
"Why? That's really the only thing i got to say to him. i just want to know why and see if he can come up with a good answer," said Tinsley.
But what answer would be good enough?
"I'd like him to explain himself but, right now I'd just take whatever I can get," said Tinsley.
Tinsley was at home when detectives knocked on her door and told her that they arrested 59-year-old John Miller of Grabill, Indiana. Miller is formally charged with murder and child molesting.
" I was shocked, but then again I was happy," said Tinsley.
She says she's still processing how she feels, but she thinks that Miller will get what he deserves.
"Just hearing that they finally found them is justice for her."
Miller has an initial hearing July 19 at the Allen County Courthouse. Tinsley says she's not sure if she'll go to future court proceedings.
"I'm going to try to but I haven't exactly made up my mind if I'm going to or not."
Don't give up hope. That's the advice that Tinsley gives to families who are going through similar tragedies.
"Your closure will come. It might be tomorrow, maybe a week, a couple months but in due time it'll come to an end, " said Tinsley.
Tinsley says she's thankful and overwhelmed with the support for support from the community.
"It's really hard to put that all in so many words."
- April Tinsley's mom questions suspected killer's motive
- April Tinsley case featured on Investigation Discovery
- Arrest made in April Tinsley case
- Trial set for April Tinsley's alleged murderer
- Community remembers April Marie Tinsley, case still unsolved
- Local woman wrote song to remember April Tinsley
- Residents talk about changes after April Tinsley's death
- Memorial held for April Tinsley two weeks after Miller's arrest
- Candle light walk, ride held for April Tinsley
- Balloon launch to remember April Tinsley and other child victims of violence