FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - An Indiana burn unit has lost its verification status with the American Burn Association.
The association says it will not renew the verification of St. Joseph's burn unit in Fort Wayne because it lacks adequate staff.
Hospital CEO Karen Fordham wrote in a letter to employees that the association did not give the burn unit enough time to discuss possible solutions. She says the burn unit will continue to operate without the designation.
Fordham says around half of all burn centers around the country operate without verification. The burn association's website says only two in Indiana have the designation.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- St. Joseph's burn unit loses verification from association
- St. Joseph Hospital CEO resigns
- St. Joseph Hospital chooses new CEO
- Childbirth services ending at St. Joseph Hospital
- FWPD officer recognized by neighborhood associations
- Muscular dystrophy association holds muscle walk
- St. Joe Burn Center helping educate people for National Burn Prevention Week
- As panel questions Trump associates, GOP launches new probes
- American Legion Post Number 47 helps the Children's Organ Transplant Association
- Purdue plane safely lands in field after losing power