FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A woman facing neglect charges following the death of her toddler back in November will face a jury in September, and the trial will remain in Allen County.
Amber Garrett is facing two felony neglect charges after 2-year-old Malakai Garrett was allegedly beaten to death by her then boyfriend, Mitchell Vanryn.
Garrett requested a change of venue, but the judge denied the request. Garrett's jury trial is set for September 14th.
- Trial set for woman facing neglect charges following toddler's death, change of venue denied
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Death penalty case may see change of venue
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Fort Wayne man formally charged in beating death of toddler
- Trial date set for Vanryn
- Trial set for Logan Stuth
- Donations needed for neglected horses
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest