Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- After holding a soft opening for a few days last week, Fort Wayne's newest restaurant downtown, Proximo, is now open.
The group behind Bakerstreet Steakhouse on Clinton Street and Hoppy Gnome on Berry Street, is bringing full table service with Latin flair next door to the recently opened Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
The restaurant's focus is on Latin cuisine and will be open at 6am compared to the other group owned restaurants.
"We didn't want to be pigeon holed to one type of cuisine. You'll see Brazilian, Colombian, Portuguese, Spanish, Mexican, anywhere that we felt there would be something that would be a good representation of something more unique for Fort Wayne,"president James Khan said.
The restaurant has also opened their patio off of Wayne Street for customers to enjoy.
It's open from 6am until 10pm during the week, and open from 6am until 11pm on Saturday.
On Sundays, they are open from 6am until 9pm.
- Proximo now open downtown
- Ruth's Chris Steak House now open downtown
- Hundreds celebrate 2018 downtown
- Mother's Day Downtown
- Downtown Warren regrouping after fire
- Man dies in downtown crash
- Butterfly exhibit now open at Botanical Conservatory in downtown Fort Wayne
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Southeast Fort Wayne business development behind downtown
- Downtown lights up for the holidays