NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (AP) - The Latest on a shooting at an Indiana middle school:
President Donald Trump is praising the suburban Indianapolis science teacher who stopped a shooting inside his classroom.
Trump sent a tweet Saturday saying: "Thanks to very brave Teacher & Hero Jason Seaman of Noblesville, Indiana, for his heroic act in saving so many precious young lives. His quick and automatic action is being talked about all over the world!"
One of Seaman's seventh-grade students at Noblesville West Middle School says another student entered the classroom with a gun and started shooting Friday morning. He says his 29-year-old teacher immediately ran at the student, "swatted a gun out of his hand and tackled him to the ground."
Seaman was shot but is in good condition at a local hospital. A student, Ella Whistler, was also shot. Her family says she's hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump praises teacher who tackled shooter, injured student remains in critical condition
- Triple shooting claims two lives, one remains in critical condition
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Beating leaves woman in critical condition
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash
- Four people injured in crash, one critical
- Two in critical condition after motorcycle crashes into multiple vehicles
- Akron woman in critical condition after two vehicle crash
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting