FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The former Elmhurst High School is finally coming down.
Crews started tearing down portions on the north side of the building this week.
Fort Wayne Community Schools sold the property last year to Hanson Aggregates, which operates the quarry next door.
FWCS closed the school in 2010 because of several budget cuts.
Elmhurst Alumni from across the country were able to take one final tour of the building last fall.
- Elmhurst High School demolition begins
- Elmhurst High School to continue tours Saturday
- Saying goodbye to Elmhurst
- Demolition begins for Magnum P.I. home in Hawaii
- Demolition set for Peerless Cleaners building
- Beijing forces migrant workers from their homes in 'savage' demolitions
- Historic Fort Wayne buildings in danger of demolition, neglect
- Ebola: Nigeria begins screening of travelers from high-risk countries
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Flooding Recovery Phase Begins