On Friday March 9, 2018 at 8:55 PM, a LaGrange County Sheriff’s Deputy made a traffic stop on a black GMC Acadia on 700 S, west of 500 E for a traffic violation.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as Stephen Page Jr, of Wolcottville, IN. During the traffic stop, Page Jr put the vehicle in drive, and attempted to drive away from the traffic stop. A pursuit was initiated at that time.
The pursuit went from the traffic stop location, through Wolcottville and Rome City before it ended on State RD 9, near 800 N in Noble County. A Rome City Police Officer was able to successfully deploy stop sticks on the vehicle as the pursuit went through Rome City. Three of the vehicle’s tires were flattened by the stop sticks. After the pursuit ended, Page was taken into custody. Page was found in possession of approximately 272.5 grams of suspected marijuana. He was also found in possession of a loaded .380 caliber handgun, and various items of drug paraphernalia.
Page Jr. was arrested and transported to the LaGrange County Jail, where he was charged with Felony counts of Resisting Law Enforcement with a Motor Vehicle, Dealing in Marijuana, and Maintaining a Common Nuisance. Page Jr was also charged with Misdemeanor counts of Possession of Paraphernalia, Reckless Driving, Criminal Recklessness, and Carrying a Handgun without a License.
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Arrest made in Lagrange County battery
- Woman arrested in LaGrange County following stabbing
- LaGrange County residents still dealing with flooding
- Human remains found in LaGrange County
- LaGrange County police investigate fraud case
- LaGrange County Sheriff seeking shooting suspect
- LaGrange County warns about phone scam
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Arrests made following police pursuit