FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Two people are in critical condition after their vehicle struck a utility pole Sunday morning.
It happened around 3:00 a.m. Police responded to the 2100 block of Broadway in reference to a crash with injuries. When officers arrived, a man and a woman were trapped inside the vehicle. Both occupants were unresponsive.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department had to extricate the people from the vehicle, and they were both taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Officers said the vehicle was traveling south at a high rate of speed and crossed the center line before hitting the pole. Alcohol and speed were contributing factors.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Early morning crash injures two
- Early Monday morning shooting leaves one dead, another seriously injured
- One woman dead, one critically injured in early morning shooting
- Three dead, one injured in early morning fire
- Early morning fire damages home
- Alcohol believed to be a factor in early morning crash
- One in custody after early morning manhunt
- Fire destroys home early Thursday morning
- Police investigating an early Sunday morning shooting
- Auburn teenager critically injured in vehicle crash