WFFT-TV First News at 10 in Fort Wayne, IN is searching for a Reporter for our award winning 10:00PM newscast. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and confident under pressure, someone who can put together compelling stories. All with one goal in mind: Helping our team grow our TV viewers and our digital users. The Reporter collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to our viewers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports. Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
If you have the required experience and skills, please forward your resume and examples of your latest work to:
FOX 55 Fort Wayne
Attn: Stew Hirsch
3707 Hillegas Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
WFFT-TV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.