WFFT FOX 55 in Fort Wayne, Indiana is seeking an Anchor/Reporter who is aggressive, forward thinking and a creative journalist. This is an exciting opportunity to build upon a high-quality news organization. The successful candidate will anchor, produce, mentor and lead a team of skilled professionals. Solid news judgment, great communication skills and knowledge of relevant local news content are necessary. The position will include anchoring our three-time Emmy nominated and twice awarded Best Newscast.
The market is an extraordinary place to live and work, offering outstanding schools, very affordable living and an active lifestyle, with many parks and trails nearby.
You will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including broadcast, web and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the News director. Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required. This anchor position will also be expected to report news and feature stories on a daily basis. Required job skills include the ability to write news, edit video, and work with the entire newsroom.
• College degree and at least five years on-air experience, preferably anchoring
• A real passion for covering local news is a must
• Excellent ethical decision making and excellent technical skills
• Ability to write with immediacy and connectivity
• Ability to connect with the community on-air and online
• Participate in community events throughout the DMA
• Must be deadline oriented and able to react in high pressure situations
• Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record
• Other duties as assigned by the News Director
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required
• Edits video clips as assigned
All candidates must pass a background check and drug screen before employment.
Please send web link, resume, cover letter to:
This station is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.